Skip to main content

Silence in the Noise

Assalam alaikum, readers! May you all have the ears to hear the voice of silence:

It seems very strange when we talk about hearing what is not said. It looks more absurd when we say about hearing silence in the noise. But readers I have met and observed these situations during which loud screams of silence could be heard and a number of unsaid words could be listened. I, certainly, would like to share those moments ant those subjects with you. Let's begin with a story of a ramp girl who met me coincidentally in a monitoring cell established once for public complaints against public offices and corrupt officers.

She was a beautiful lady of wheatish complexion, sharp features medium frame smart body, height must be 5.5. She was holding a little 5-6 year old girl's hand. She was having plan face but twice I could see in her eyes, deep sea of sentiments, a storm of emotional tides, a pain and what not. The strange thing that I felt was in spite of these expressions, there was no complaint in her eyes. That was my feeling about her but it was for sure that I wanted to know about her. Perhaps it was my first experience in life to hear silence in such a noisy public office, it was her silence that penetrated in my heart and I was anxious to have her exclusive silence. I wanted to read her heart through her eyes but I also wanted to hear from her mouth, the very bitter painful time she had.

I was drawn to her like a magnet but the question was how to go about. My journalistic pinch was not letting me ignore her. Suddenly she watch the time on her wrist, sighed and stood up for leaving. This was a proper time for me to move in so did I. I asked her politely whether I could help her getting time fro the concerned personnel if required so. She stopped with surprise, why would I do it for her when we don't know each other. With a smile I introduced myself and told her that I'm new in the town on some assignment. I couldn't tell her that I have heard her unspoken words, because she wouldn't believe at that time. Mostly we don't;

DO WE ???     (contd)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABUSE??? part 1

Assalamalaikum,(may peace be upon all of you), readers! May you all have clear understanding of a fine line between Honour and Abuse: For last many days I was trying to gather courage to write on the issue I'm beginning to write and it has been a frustrating struggle to make others and even myself understand about the fine line between Honour and Abuse. Isn't it quite strange but familiar for you to read this if you had ever been either victim or the witness of such any situation whether to keep yourself benefitted or any of your close relation?  Today I dedicate my write up to the barbarous incident of Qasoor, to the victim of vicious Activity of a man unknown, apparently. I feel sorry to use the word Activity but because it's the 6th recorded case of the same DNA and the concerned authorities are busy in regulating their calculators and other counting gadgets to maintain the record of successful attempts and activities of the culprit. Dear readers, it's

Justice for Majesties

Assalamalaikum, Readers! May we all have fear of Almighty while applying our might for injustice: I was going through a shameful, painful but yet interesting analysis of a news, when some two years past two different incidents of two separate posh and amongst the so-called topmost civilized residential societies, suddenly peeped in to of my mind. O my God! when and how this Human would be able to have sense of his Being, I mean being a human has become so difficult that it seems, sometimes, inevitable to remind one, and draw a line of distinction between animal instinct and being human.  Let me share the analysis of the news which drew me to those incidents. The news was the sale of the lost Pakistan International Air Lines' plane in Germany for just five millions. It's actual worth was Rs. 500 millions. But the actual shame was that an Air commodore of Pakistan Air Force has been involved in this case. The news said that Imran Akhtar has been accused of the unlawful sale

BONUS

Assalamalaikum, Readers! may we all have courage to face the truth: Dear readers! Yesterday I had a very interesting, though,  painful experience of meeting a teen age girl facing the hardships of life at her own while having a big family. She is cutting the crop that other's have sown for her, and it's not only in her matter, in my society most of the girls fall a prey to other's decisions and consents and later on at any hard time every body lays the burden of circumstances on Fate and Destiny. I was there in a famous commercial area of Islamabad where I met this girl named Rani, as she told me. Actually my bank's ATM was to be refilled and the guy there told me to wait for 30 minutes. I walked out and decided to wait in the car as it was hot outside. As soon as I got into driving seat, a girl in veil rushed towards me. She was having a one year old weak child with her on her shoulders and she herself was quite skinny. I guessed her age below 20 and later on i