Skip to main content

Once for Ever

Assalamalaikum, Readers! May you all be blessed with true insight:

My long session with Chanda was continued, meantime we had tea and ordered for another time. Chanda sipped from her cup and looked straight into my eyes and began:

My friend that was the first and perhaps ultimate decisive day of my life so I gathered all courage called Almighty for help and blessings and wore the feeling of a warrior against the usurpers. Meanwhile those culprits attempted to grasp my shoulder bag which carried all my personal important belongings I fetched for the up coming circumstances. But I resisted and protested in a bit louder voice and I was successful in my effort to limit them as it was court not their empire. Then there was our call to appear before the judge and give certain statement regarding power of attorney of all property matters. I was all stunned heavy feet ,I could just see mama's lips moving but unable to hear anything. My brothers and sister's statement was not required because they were minors, as I was according to law, but perhaps it was not mentioned or tempered before the court.

 Any way, I can't forget my mama's looks when it was my turn to speak. I stepped forward and forwarded a written application before judge which my uncle tried to take first and then the judge's reader extended his hand. But I denied to give them saying that I trust only judge after Almighty and forwarded my application to judge again which he took and stared at me suspiciously. He ran his sight through the paper and place on his side rack and told us to wait on the benches inside courtroom. After hearing few more cases judge went into his chamber. My uncle caught me on arm tightly and asked me what have I written in the paper. Assistant to the court intervened and stop him to do so, while, in the meantime , the same guy asked me to see judge in his chamber. There was wrath in my uncle's eyes as if he gets chance he would not spare my life.

I entered in chamber along with assistant court with shivering body, both with sickness and fear, and stood before the judge. He asked me to sit peacefully and asked the guy water for me. After drinking full glass in one sigh I was better to speak about my story. Then I told important bits of whole story to the judge and requested for help and relief for myself and family. He told that unless mama herself request for something of the sort the court can't do any thing, but , yes, since I took this bold step I would be given a fair chance to live better life. After that he directed women police to have my custody till I could be sent to some Government run safe home. Later from the police I came to know that My uncle, his son and my husband was arrested. I was called again by the court to take my consent about my marriage. I refused to live with him but since I was pregnant I had to wait for the validity of divorce. 

Chanda stopped for a while and looked at me, for the first time I felt her eyes were wet, although she was trying hard to compose herself...!

(contd)....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABUSE??? part 1

Assalamalaikum,(may peace be upon all of you), readers! May you all have clear understanding of a fine line between Honour and Abuse: For last many days I was trying to gather courage to write on the issue I'm beginning to write and it has been a frustrating struggle to make others and even myself understand about the fine line between Honour and Abuse. Isn't it quite strange but familiar for you to read this if you had ever been either victim or the witness of such any situation whether to keep yourself benefitted or any of your close relation?  Today I dedicate my write up to the barbarous incident of Qasoor, to the victim of vicious Activity of a man unknown, apparently. I feel sorry to use the word Activity but because it's the 6th recorded case of the same DNA and the concerned authorities are busy in regulating their calculators and other counting gadgets to maintain the record of successful attempts and activities of the culprit. Dear readers, it's

Justice for Majesties

Assalamalaikum, Readers! May we all have fear of Almighty while applying our might for injustice: I was going through a shameful, painful but yet interesting analysis of a news, when some two years past two different incidents of two separate posh and amongst the so-called topmost civilized residential societies, suddenly peeped in to of my mind. O my God! when and how this Human would be able to have sense of his Being, I mean being a human has become so difficult that it seems, sometimes, inevitable to remind one, and draw a line of distinction between animal instinct and being human.  Let me share the analysis of the news which drew me to those incidents. The news was the sale of the lost Pakistan International Air Lines' plane in Germany for just five millions. It's actual worth was Rs. 500 millions. But the actual shame was that an Air commodore of Pakistan Air Force has been involved in this case. The news said that Imran Akhtar has been accused of the unlawful sale

BONUS

Assalamalaikum, Readers! may we all have courage to face the truth: Dear readers! Yesterday I had a very interesting, though,  painful experience of meeting a teen age girl facing the hardships of life at her own while having a big family. She is cutting the crop that other's have sown for her, and it's not only in her matter, in my society most of the girls fall a prey to other's decisions and consents and later on at any hard time every body lays the burden of circumstances on Fate and Destiny. I was there in a famous commercial area of Islamabad where I met this girl named Rani, as she told me. Actually my bank's ATM was to be refilled and the guy there told me to wait for 30 minutes. I walked out and decided to wait in the car as it was hot outside. As soon as I got into driving seat, a girl in veil rushed towards me. She was having a one year old weak child with her on her shoulders and she herself was quite skinny. I guessed her age below 20 and later on i