Skip to main content

Shadow Cast

Assalamalaikum, Readers! May you all have the courage to respond to the voice of heart!

To all my readers' interest, today is the wind up of Chanda's story but mind it, the story ends with a big Question Mark on FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS and our SOCIAL and MORAL values. 

I asked Chanda about her daughter she introduced  because she had abortion as she mentioned in her story. Chanda looked at me with inquisitive eyes and asked me for promise to keep the girl's reality to my self rest of my life and when I promised, she began,:

When Ch Sb died, he left a legacy in my name which showed my ownership of the villa I'm living in, and this girl who is Ch's legitimate daughter by his maid who died at birth time due to the torture of  Ch's family. Actually that maid was his distant cousin but due to bad circumstances and her mother's ailment and treatment, she was made to live at his house along with her widow mother for some time. But later on, when her mother died, she was left with no option other than living there. Ch's family shifted her to servant quarter and began to treat her as their maid servant. Ch Sb was a flirt man by nature but some how out of sympathy or some thing else he married her and concealed it from his family. One day, when the lady conceived, she fell sick, the fact was exposed and then Ch told his wife the truth while requesting to be quiet and sympathetic. But she took it as a challenge and started mistreating and torturing her by different means.

As a result the child was deprived of her mother. Ch told his family that both of them couldn't survive but he shifted his daughter to the maid of the farm house he took me to, first time. I never knew about the child because it's such a big house on almost about 12 acres and I never had been to it's servant quarters. So in the letter he left for me he requested me only to look after his daughter's education and other life matters while keeping her the same place. He left a handsome bank balance for this girl and the same farmhouse too. But till she gets matured she needed to be supervised and since Ch knew my family background he trusted in me for this sensitive cause.

For some reason I could not break this trust, otherwise, I too, needed shelter when he purchased me and my helplessness. He never could have my soul but if I see around he was much better than many others, even my own people, so I decided to keep his trust and got her name registered as my daughter. I made a mistake that out of emotions I shifted her with me along with that trustworthy maid to my own place because I thought I would start some thing as work and life would flow like it should, but it didn't happen at all. My shadows followed me wherever I went and I was forced to come back, though, without Ch Sb. I chose the girl's name as Noor, a light but since Ch used to call her JOJO I, too, kept her calling with this nick name.

Now the problem is that I don't want any bad imprint of my life on my daughter's life and wanted to keep her in such an institution where she shouldn't be questioned or asked about her parents. That's the reason I was trying that orphanage as it's very high standard institution run by a foreign NGO. I'm ready to pay annual charity and I would be visiting her frequently, but if I admit her to any hostel, she would always be asked, inquired and questioned about her parents, either by staff or by students. Please help me to save another daughter from becoming my shadow and this is the only way to reciprocate Ch's good to me while providing me shelter at least after his death...!

Dear readers I tried and did what I could, got her admitted to another foreign run orphanage. She 
greeted me like I could never forget but what happened to JOJO, later on, was a nightmare....!

(contd)
 

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABUSE??? part 1

Assalamalaikum,(may peace be upon all of you), readers! May you all have clear understanding of a fine line between Honour and Abuse: For last many days I was trying to gather courage to write on the issue I'm beginning to write and it has been a frustrating struggle to make others and even myself understand about the fine line between Honour and Abuse. Isn't it quite strange but familiar for you to read this if you had ever been either victim or the witness of such any situation whether to keep yourself benefitted or any of your close relation?  Today I dedicate my write up to the barbarous incident of Qasoor, to the victim of vicious Activity of a man unknown, apparently. I feel sorry to use the word Activity but because it's the 6th recorded case of the same DNA and the concerned authorities are busy in regulating their calculators and other counting gadgets to maintain the record of successful attempts and activities of the culprit. Dear readers, it's

Justice for Majesties

Assalamalaikum, Readers! May we all have fear of Almighty while applying our might for injustice: I was going through a shameful, painful but yet interesting analysis of a news, when some two years past two different incidents of two separate posh and amongst the so-called topmost civilized residential societies, suddenly peeped in to of my mind. O my God! when and how this Human would be able to have sense of his Being, I mean being a human has become so difficult that it seems, sometimes, inevitable to remind one, and draw a line of distinction between animal instinct and being human.  Let me share the analysis of the news which drew me to those incidents. The news was the sale of the lost Pakistan International Air Lines' plane in Germany for just five millions. It's actual worth was Rs. 500 millions. But the actual shame was that an Air commodore of Pakistan Air Force has been involved in this case. The news said that Imran Akhtar has been accused of the unlawful sale

ABUSE ?? 2

Assalamalaikum, May peace be upon all of you: Dear all, by word ABUSE we mean something ugly, obnoxious, having bad meanings and motives, degrading or defamimg and so on. It may be in words or in actions. But I have been searching the exact meaning for the word because it's consequences are not simple to absorb,afterwards. See! the word comprises of two meaningful parts, AB and USE . Of course now you can understand it more widely and wisely. So it becomes so simple, now, to understand where and when this word is used, usually. Now having the elaborated meaning of this word, we can see how our relationships, our lives, and even ourselves are being victimised by this, apparently, simple and short but actually complicated and endless word. In my last write up, I mentioned about a lady's story whose whole life has been Abused by her own people, her family, the guy whom she trusted for second time in her life, every body around her, even by a court of justice. The lowe